Pave your way to financial freedom
Easy and flexible options
BOB Deposits – Great Rates, Convenient and Flexible
Bank of Baroda offers several fixed deposit schemes to choose from, depending on your chosen preferred term period (short-term or long-term). This range of choices makes fixed deposits a convenient option for a range of investors, from salaried employees to self-employed professionals to senior citizens.
Terms & Conditions
- Fixed deposit accounts are an excellent means to grow your money over a period of time. Interest rates on fixed deposit schemes are generally higher than the interest on savings accounts. If you invest in fixed deposits, you can get higher returns for the same amount of money in a savings account in the same period of time.
- Bank of Baroda offers several fixed deposit schemes to choose from, depending on your chosen preferred term period (short-term or long-term). This range of choices makes fixed deposits a convenient option for a range of investors, from salaried employees to self-employed professionals to senior citizens.
- As low-risk instruments, fixed deposit investments offer both, security and competitive interest rates on your principal amount.
- For Present rate offered, please visit our Interest rate page.
- Current Interest Rates
- Fees and Charges
You can see below links also
All Individuals and Non-individuals
Amount of Deposit
- SCR 1000.00 and in multiples of SCR 100/-
- No upper limit
Tenure of Deposit
Minimum : 6 Months
Maximum : 120 Months
Rate of interest
As per the maturity period of the deposit
Payment of Interest
Interest will be paid half-yearly.
Premature closure charges would apply as per Bank’s guidelines if the deposit is withdrawn before the maturity date.
Availability of Loan/ Overdraft
Overdraft / Loan against deposit provided on demand upto 90 % of the outstanding balance in the account as on date of loan. Interest will be charged as per Bank’s extant guidelines from time to time
Accepted as security by Government departments
Accepted as margin for non-fund based activities
- Withholding Tax: Withholding Tax will be deducted as per Seychelles Revenue Commission guidelines.
- Overdue Deposit: If renewal request is received after date of maturity, such overdue deposits will be renewed with effect from date of maturity at interest rate applicable as on due date provided such request is received within 14 days of maturity of deposit, after which interest for overdue period will be paid at the rate decided by Bank from time to time.
- Advance against Deposits: This facility is not available to Minor account in single name . If the interest is not deposited for more than 2 quarters, term deposit will be apportioned immediately.
- Interest Certificate available at request of customer
- Deposit Certificate – Term Deposit Receipt is provided
- Mode of Payment: Maturity proceeds are credited SB/ CA account of the customer. In cases where there are no operative accounts of the customer, maturity proceeds can be given in cash below SCR 20,000 above which DD/ Pay Order will be issued.
Bulk Deposits (More than SCR 1 Million)
- Bulk deposits can be opened under any of the above mentioned schemes under retail time deposits.
- Bank reserves the right to accept the deposits above SCR 10 Million.
- Rate of interest for Bulk deposits is different from retail time deposits.For interest rate on bulk deposit, please contact the branch.
- Bank reserves the right to accept request for premature payment as the same is agreed at the time of account opening by the customer. On acceptance of premature payment request, the penal clause will be same as in schemes under retail time deposits.
- Remittance Facility
- Foreign Exchange
- Locker Facility
- Debit card
- Baroda Mpassbook
- Internet Banking
- Standing Instructions facility